If you’re abroad more often than you’re home, find yourself buying shampoo in carry-on sizes, and your digestive system has become immune to street food, it’s highly possible that you’ve been bitten by the travel bug. For those who have caught it, travel stops being a way to get from Point A to Point B and becomes a rush triggered by airplanes, time changes, and the sound of foreign languages. Don’t panic – review the following symptoms to diagnose your travel addiction:
1. Travel gear gets you excited
2. The thought of your passport expiring causes chest pains
3. You have tiny toiletries packed and ready to go. Always
4. Your phone is loaded with travel apps
5. You’re constantly checking for ‘good deals on flights’, because you know…just in case
6. You start all your stories with “When I was in…”
7. You can tell where people have been by the cheesy logos and sayings on their shirts.
8. You have elite flier status on multiple airlines.
9. If you haven’t been anywhere in a few months, you get the shakes.
10. Some people cry when they leave home. You cry when you have to go back.
11. You have Lonely Planet tattooed on your lower back.
12. You think of home as more of a pit stop than a long-term destination.
13. You enthusiastically read guidebooks like most people get into novels.
14. You have no fewer than five different types of currency in your wallet.
15. Being jet-lagged feels completely normal.
16. You annoy people by speaking in airport codes instead of actual city names.
17. You find yourself asking “Where you from?” instead of “How are you?”
18. You feel a good world map is the ultimate wall decor.
19. You think of potable tap water and free bathrooms that come with toilet paper as complete luxuries.
20. You work only to fund your next trip. When that goal has been reached, you instantly quit your job and take off.
21. Your absurdly long bucket list consists only of places to go.
22. You have way more friends in different countries than you do where you grew up.
23. You can pack your bags in five minutes flat.
24. You can swear in several languages.
25. You have learned to sleep pretty much anywhere – on a plane, in a car, on a train…
If you can relate to the signs listed above, chances are that you’ve got a veritable travel addiction. In that case, hurry up and pack your bags before your family can slow you down with an intervention!