The lush Indonesian island is teaming up with cultural experiences and exhilarating adventures!
Here is the list of best Islands in Bali and top things to do in those places:
A raucous, infamous holiday enclave dedicated to fun and sun. A bustling network of narrow lanes lined with bars and stalls with fake surfwear and dodgy DVDs.
MUST do in Kuta:
- Surf lessons on Kuta beach.
- Haggle with stallholders.
- Watch the sunset on the beach.
- Visit the villages: Legian, Seminyak in the north and Tuban in the south.
- Check out the nightlife.
Surrounded by temples, ancient sites and whole villages producing handicrafts. Parts of the countryside remain unspoiled with lush rice paddies and towering coconut trees.
Must do in Ubud:
- Trek to a volcano
- Take in true Bali culture
- Sample some of the best food to be found in Bali
- Visit the Ubud monkey forest
- Take part in a mask making and cooking class.
3. Nusa Dua
Perfect for couples or families for their first trip to Bali and who want to see what Bali is so famous for: rice fields, volcanos, coconut plantations, fishermen, temples and colorful people.
Must do in Nusa Dua:
- Have a cocktail on the beach
- Trek to a temple
- See the white sands of the Geger beach
- Visit the Pasifika Museum
- Visit turtle island and see baby turtles released into the ocean.
A convenient base for trips around the north coast or the central mountains. Beaches are made up of washed-out grey and black volcanic sands and reefs protect the shore, so the water is usually calm and clear.
Must do in Lovina:
- Explore the coastal villages
- Visit the sacred Lake Batur
- Scuba dive in the calm clear water behind the reef.
- Go on a Dolphin trip and see the dolphins at sunrise.
- Take a plunge in the Singsing Waterfalls.
The place to stay far away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta (but still closed by) with zero tolerance for hawkers, a romantic Balinese setting and the seclusion to stroll the beach for miles on end without seeing anybody.
Must do in Jimbaran
- Go to the traditional fish market in the morning
- Visit the daily market
- Visit the Jenggala Keramik Bali on Jalan Uluwatu and see the ceramic and glassware art on show
- Get the popular 60minutes “Original Jimbaran Massage” at La Vie Spa.